Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shoe Review: Reebok EasyTone



After seeing the success of the FitFlops, Reebok has released a sneaker called EasyTone which was designed to tone leg muscles more than regular sneakers. I loved the idea behind the FitFlops but did not like the way they looked, so I was very excited when Reebok came out with these new sneakers.The EasyTones can be purchased for $109, which is on the higher end for sneakers but for what they promised to do I figured the extra cost might be worth it. I purchased a pair to try them out and found that they are effective. They are also quite cushiony due to the DMX Max which moves the air in the shoe to whichever part of your foot is pressing on the ground.The sneakers are quite attractive, which cannot be said of all the varieties of toning shoes out there. They come in five colors: turquoise/white, lavender/silver, black, white, and pink. They are perforated all over for great breathability. I also found them to be lighter than sneakers of the past. The shoes fit true to size. I ordered them online in the size I usually wear and they fit perfectly. They are comfortable to wear even when you are not moving, possibly because of the SmoothFit design used. With SmoothFit, all of the seams are eliminated or hidden so that none of them rub uncomfortably on your feet. They are mostly leather which makes them easy to clean.The idea behind these sneakers is that they mimic the way it feels to walk in the sand. There are balance pods built into the bottoms of the shoes to create instability. However, this does not make them difficult to walk in. I feel stable, never like I was going to fall or trip. The EasyTones are designed to target your gluteus maxiumus, hamstrings, and calves.




0 comments: